Spring has almost sprung! Though many of us are still struggling with freezing temperatures and snow, the more relaxed, sunny and laid-back days of Spring are on the way.....March 20, 2015 is the official start of the Spring Season.
After taking a brief period to recover from Old Man Winter, we might want to take the time to start the annual Spring cleaning process. In today's NREDresidents Blog posting, we are offering five Spring cleaning strategies proven to get your apartment, and your state of mind, ready for warmer weather! NREDresidents Blog posting, we are offering five Spring cleaning strategies proven to get your apartment, and your state of mind, ready for warmer weather!
NREDresidents Blog Offers Five Proven Spring Cleaning Strategies for Apartment Residents
1. Start buying natural cleaning products. Baking soda, vinegar, lemons: these are items you can use to freshen garbage disposals, gently clean bathrooms, and other surfaces.
2. Clean out your closet. Sort and hang clothes by color or season.....pick up a comfy occasional chair or barstool and a nice floor mirror as well.....it will inspire you to scale down, and organize those items you want to keep!
3. Start a donation chest of clothing, toys and other items that could help local families in need. Once you're finished with gently used clothes and toys, they still have lots of life left in them for a second life in another home!
4. Take a look at your kitchen pantry. Do you have non-perishable food items that are still within their expiration date, but have not been used in the last year? Consider cleaning these out and re-organzing this area....local food pantries would appreciate the gift of this food for those less fortunate.
5. Develop a checklist for keeping your apartment free of clutter. If you hang clothes as you take them off, pick up a cute tray or storage basket for bills, and wipe counters in your bathroom and living room at the end of every day, your home will be ready for Spring!
Do you have favorite cleaning tips you use to keep your apartment in tip top shape? Share them with us here in our forum!